Feeling sluggish? Indulged too much? Here’s some tips!!
1) First things first: drink water. It’s help with hydration, inflammation, and detoxification.
2) Take some enzymes. Enzymes will help take some of the stress off of your hard-working pancreas and digestive system that are both currently working overtime.
3) Become a GREEN machine. Too much sugar throws off the PH balance of your body, leaving it with an increased level of acidity and inflammation. Dark leafy greens – amongst other alkalizing vegetables – will help restore your healthy balance, so load your plate up with them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
4) Soothe your insides. An extreme sugar hangover gives you similar symptoms to nausea. Ginger will help soothe your insides, boost metabolism, and fight any budding inflammation, to get you back to feeling like your sexy self. Brew up a loving cup of ginger tea. Cut 10 – 12 slices of fresh ginger root and combine with 4 cups water. Boil for 10 minutes. Strain and add the juice of one orange, the juice of half a lemon, and 1/4 cup honey. Drink to your relief.
5) Eliminate. Up your fiber intake throughout the next several days. Consume plenty of organic fruits, vegetables and whole grains throughout the day to support your body’s elimination. For a little extra boost, pour yourself a nice tall glass of CALM. Combined with plenty of water, you should be good to go
6) Go nuts for Coconut. Consume 1 tablespoon or more of Extra Virgin Coconut oil for the next few days. The healthy fats in coconut oil not only support your pancreatic functions, but also prevent harmful fungus and bacteria from growing in your tummy when you eat sugar.
7) Sweat baby sweat. The more you move, the better! Your energy levels may be feeling at an all time LOW, but that’s even more of a reason to get those stimulating endorphins swimming throughout your body. Go for a walk, take the stairs, sign up for a dance class. Move, dance, swim, twirl, jump. Not only will this support another channel of elimination in your body, but it will also help tackle that sugar-deprived crankiness. Yeah, we know it’s there…
8) Get your beauty sleep. When it’s time for bed, make sure you’re allowing yourself to get the amount of sleep your body needs. Yes, caffeine will help you feel more awake during the day, but it will not support your body’s recovery. Sleeping with low blood sugar (post sugary spike) disrupts your quality of sleep, so you have some making up to do!
9) Let go. Do not waste any of your energy rehashing the details of what you consumed. Focus on the positives. Where did you go? Why were you laughing? Who did you meet? Who were you connecting with? What did you see? You lived, baby! And that’s a beautiful thing. You are a resilient ball of health & vibrance and a handful of sugar-laden nights are not going to change that. Always remember – It is what you practice consistently that makes you who you are.
10) Love it up. Love your body for all of the amazing things it can do and for all of the amazing things it allows YOU to do – for its ability to participate in last night’s activities, for its resilience, and for how it can move, grow and recover, with very few questions asked. All of the practices mentioned here will support your body in bouncing back, but put a little more oomph into that support by consciously creating positive thoughts about yourself and your body. Spoil it with a soothing massage, restorative yoga class, or pro-longed bath. It sure does deserve it.
Modified by Lauren Simms from: http://www.sakaralife.com/blogs/news/9890478-sakaras-10-tips-to-cure-your-sugar-hangover